- Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa is inviting pets and their parents to come and get their photos taken with Santa on Thursday, Dec. 14, from 5-7 p.m. Mrs. Claus and one of Santa’s helpers will be on hand to help wrangle the four-legged fur babies. The proceeds from the $5 digital photo will help our friends at Last Hope K9 Rescue. Ho-ho-hope you can come to 274 Southampton St., Boston on Dec. 14.
- Sexy Sweater Party event will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 7:30p.m. at Ink Block on Harrison Avenue. Chef Allen Campbell and Washington Gateway Main Street (WGMS) have combined to host the first neighborhood-wide holiday party dubbed the first annual South End Sexy Sweater Soiree. The event will highlight Chef Allen’s local food brand, AVAIL. Allen is the author of the Tom Brady ‘TB12 Nutrition Guide’ and he’s going to have samples available from his newest creation, AVAIL. Tickets are $35 and include a complimentary drink. All proceeds from the event go towards the WGMS Clean Streets Initiative.
- Boston Ward 4 Holiday Party and Gov Candidate Meet-and-Greet will take place Tuesday, Dec. 19, from 6 – 8 p.m. at the South end Branch of the Boston Public Library, 685 Tremont St. Join fellow friends from the Boston Ward 4 Committee, Ward 4, or neighboring wards (everyone is welcome!) to reflect on the past year, prepare for the next one, and have fun. The three declared Democratic gubernatorial candidates – Jay Gonzalez, Bob Massie, and Setti Warren – will all be there. They’ll have time to talk, and then you’ll have plenty of time to mingle and ask questions.
- UPDATED: The Copley Square Menorah Lighting will take place on Sunday, Dec. 17 at 4 p.m. Join the Chabad of Boston, Mayor Martin Walsh and City Councilor Josh Zakim for their annual menorah lighting. It will run through Dec. 20.
- MET Back Bay, located at 279 Dartmouth Street will be holding its annual “Storybook Christmas” on Sunday, Dec. 17 from 3 – 5p.m. Kids of all ages are invited to escape the brisk winter weather and get cozy at the MET Winter Wonderland where they can warm up with a cup of hot cocoa, nosh on milk and cookies, and enjoy a variety of winter crafts, including cookie decorating. Santa Claus will make a special appearance to take photos with all of the boys and girls on his “nice” list. After taking pictures, Santa will give a special fireside reading of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ at 3:30 p.m. Reservations are recommended and can be made at metstorybookxmas.eventbrite.com.
- Fenway Community Center Holiday Open House – join members of the Fenway Community Center for a free holiday open house party on Thursday, Dec. 21, from 6 – 8 p.m. at 1282 Boylston St. Meet your neighbors, explore upcoming events and programming, eat local treats, enjoy live music, and visit the membership table to learn how you can enjoy FCC benefits all year long.
- Audubon Circle Neighborhood Association Annual Holiday Party will take place on Thursday, Dec. 21, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Audubon Café, 838 Beacon St., Boston. Free drink coupon for all members whose dues are up to date. You can quickly renew online at auduboncircle.org/membership. R.S.V.P. [email protected]
- Cambridge Youth Dance Program (CYDP) and Producing Director Deborah Mason Dudley present a contemporary dance with a holiday twist, “What The Dickens!,” for six performances December14-17, 2017 at Boston University Dance Theater, 915 Commonwealth Ave., Boston. Tickets are $35. For more information and tickets, visit cydp.org.
HOLIDAY EVENTS AT PRUDENTIAL CENTER
- Santa in the City! – Nov. 17 through Dec. 24. Santa arrives at Prudential Center on Friday, Nov. 17. Capture the magic of the holiday season and bring the kids for a special photo with Santa in his Winter Wonderland located in Belvidere Arcade. A variety of photo packages are available. Santa’s hours: Monday – Friday, 11-6 p.m., Saturday, 10-7 p.m., and Sunday, 11-6 p.m.
- Charity Gift Wrap from Nov. 24 through Dec. 24. Enjoy free gift wrapping by local organizations this holiday season. The gift wrapping station is sponsored by Barnes & Noble, and will be located at the Prudential Center concierge desk across from Club Monaco. All donations for this free service benefit the local organizations.
- Cultural Survival Gift Bazaar Dec. 15 – Dec. 17. The Cultural Survival Bazaar is a cultural festival that provides indigenous artists, cooperatives, and their representatives from around the world the chance to sell their work directly to the American public. On Dec. 15-17 artists, cooperatives, and their representatives will setup in Belvidere and Huntington arcades to sell traditional crafts, artwork, clothing, jewelry, carpets, and accessories.