Police Briefs 11-29-2018


Bad order

On Tuesday, Nov. 20, at approximately 8:09 p.m., officers responded to a radio call for a robbery at 110 West Concord St.

On arrival, police made contact with the caller who said he believed a robbery had just taken place outside of his residence at the aforementioned location.

While on the scene, officers received addition information from Boston Police Operations stating they had received a 9-1-1 call for a related report from the Pizza Stop at 851 Harrison Ave.

Police then responded to the Pizza Shop and made contact with the victim who told them he had just been robbed while delivering food to 110 West Concord St.

The victim said he was delivering three steak-and-cheese sandwiches, with a total value of $33, at which time four or five teenaged males approached him and demanded he hand the food over to them.

One suspect punched the victim in the mouth, causing him to fall to the ground. The suspects then seized the food and fled on foot towards Shawmut Avenue.

The victim was unable to provide a description of the suspects, who he said didn’t brandish any weapons during the robbery.

Police observed contusions to the victim’s upper lip and right elbow, but he refused medical attention at that time.

Officers disseminated a description of the suspects and searched the area for them to no avail.

Long way to the top

On Thursday, Nov. 22, at about 3:30 p.m., police responded to a radio call for a jumper at 1 Dalton St.

Upon arrival, officers observed an unidentified man climbing inside of a fenced-in construction site. He came down from the crane and told police he didn’t intend to jump, but instead wanted to a take a picture of the city from that vantage point.

Officers advised the man that he was trespassing and ordered him not to return to the construction site.

Unwanted customer

On Sunday, Nov. 25, at about 4:40 a.m., officers responded to a radio call for breaking and entering at the Diesel clothing store at 339 Newbury St.

Upon arrival, police observed broken glass in the front window before entering the store and clearing its three levels without locating a suspect.

Officers observed a cash register on the floor that apparently had been broken into, as well as merchandise strewn about the store.

The store manager arrived on the scene and did a walkthrough of the establishment with police before determining that around $3,000 worth of merchandise, including leather jackets and jeans, was stolen.

The manager then viewed a surveillance video with officers, which showed a male suspect break the glass in the front door before entering the store. The suspect was then observed running around the store and grabbing merchandise, which he then stuffed into a sack. The suspect was then seen fleeing out the front door of the business before heading right on Newbury Street in the direction of Massachusetts Avenue.

Officers  broadcast a description of the suspect via radio and searched the area for him to no avail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.