On Sunday, Sept. 18 from 1-4pm, the Mass Ave. Coalition will be celebrating jazz and history in Chester Square Park with a Fall Festival.
Residents, businesses, and institutions along Mass Ave. will celebrate who we are with:
• Live jazz on both sides of Chester Park,
• Carriageway closed to make a fun space for kids, w/ games & crafts
• Free raffle with prizes from local businesses,
• Toy boats and duckies in the fountains,
• South End Historical Society open house,
• Juan Perez’ paintings from our ‘hood,
• Crosstown Jazz history exhibit
• Elected officials and candidates invited to meet and greet
• Pizza, popcorn, ice cream, and
• MUCH more!
Festival activities will also explore who we can be, playing with:
• Mass Ave data visualizations by NU Prof Michelle Borkin and her students,
• concepts like the 15-minute City, Restorative Cities, a Chester Park Connector
• strategies like Complete Streets, Zero Waste and Tree Equity
Working together as the Mass Ave Coalition, the neighborhood groups from Huntington Ave to Boston Medical Center intend to make Mass Ave more of a connector and less of a divider. Our growing coalition includes St. Botolph NA, Claremont NA, Chester Square Neighbors and Worcester Sq NA. Many thanks to Boston Medical Center and Northeastern University for their generous support.
For more Information, contact Carol Blair at [email protected] or 617-875-7242.