From the Sept. 25 Zoning Board of Appeals meeting, City Hall:
- 250 Newbury Street, Back Bay; Applicant: Josephine Damore
Purpose: Outside seating. No work to be done.
- 48-62 Brookline Avenue , Ward 5 Applicant: City Wide Contracting LLC
Purpose: Build out Retail store with new entryway at street level.
From the Sept. 25 Licensed Premise Violations hearing, City Hall:
- Bhc Corporation General Partner, doing business as: Club Café, 209 Columbus Ave., Back Bay. Date: 06/30/2018, Patron on patron assault and battery.
- 78 Charles St. Manager, LLC, doing business as: Milner Hotel, 78 Charles St., Bay Village. Date: 07/12/2018: Premise providing breakfast café for guest without CV License, No Entertainment License for café TV’s,
Expired valet License (6/30/17).
- Four Seasons Of Massachusetts, Inc., doing business as: Four Seasons, 200 Boylston St., Back Bay.
Date: 07/12/2018: Expired BFD Assembly permit (6/30/18), Expired ISD Certificate (6/30/17).
From the Sept. 26 Boston Water & Sewer Comm. Meeting, BWSC, 8:30 a.m.:
- Commission Authorization to Advertise for Bids for Contract No. 17-308-006, Replacement of Water Mains and Replacement and Rehabilitation of Sewers and Storm Drains in Back Bay/Beacon Hill and City Proper
From the Sept. 26 License Board meeting, City Hall:
- SHAW’S SUPERMARKETS, INC. D/B/A: SHAW’S SUPERMARKETS, 53 HUNTINGTON AVE., Fenway. Holder of a Retail Package Store All Alcoholic Beverages License has petitioned to change the d/b/a of the licensed business from Shaw’s Supermarkets to Star Market.
•UMNV 240A NEWBURY, LLC (Urbanmeritage), 240A NEWBURY St. (formerly Daisy Buchanan’s), Back Bay. Holder of a Common Victualler 7 Day All Alcoholic Beverages License has petitioned to change condition two (2) on the license -From: Alcoholic beverages served at tables in conjunction with menu items ordered at tables, tables in patio after 7:30 p.m. alcoholic beverages to be served with menu items. To: Food available at tables at all times, with alcohol service, both inside and on patio.
From a Council Hearing order for the Oct. 2 COMMITTEES ON PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT, AND TRANSPORTATION AND HOMELESSNESS, MENTAL HEALTH, AND RECOVERY, City Hall, 1 p.m.:
- A hearing to examine plans regarding reconstruction of the Long Island Bridge and the reopening of service facilities. The Chairs of the Committees are Councilors Michelle Wu and Annissa Essaibi-George. The Sponsors of the Docket are Councilors Andrea Campbell, Essaibi-George, and Frank Baker.
From the South End Landmarks District Commission Oct. 2 meeting, City Hall, 5:30 p.m.
DESIGN REVIEW HEARING
- 655 Tremont Street # C2 Proposed Work: At front façade storefront, install blade sign, pin-set letters on sign band, and vinyl letters on door glass.
- 112 Shawmut Avenue Proposed Work: Demolish part of the existing structure and construct a 13-floor residential structure with the original façade integrated into the lower levels. (The Davis Companies project)
- 24 Braddock Park Proposed Work: At front façade, replace railing between 24 & 26 Braddock Park, add railing attached to stringer at left side of the stoop.
- 200 West Brookline Street #3 Proposed Work: At front façade level 3, replace two original 2 over 2 curved sash windows and one original 2 over 2 straight sash with 2 curved sash wood 2 over 2 windows and one wood 2 over 2 straight sash window.
- 158 West Canton Street Proposed Work: At front façade all levels, replace all windows.
- 130 West Newton Street Proposed Work: Install roof deck, install egress window.
- Blue Bikes (Various Locations) Proposed Work: Install four new Bluebike stations at the following locations: Washington Street @ East Berkeley Street; Tremont Street @ Dartmouth Street/West Dedham Street; Tremont Street @ Northampton Street; and Columbus Avenue @ West Canton Street.
- 11A Taylor Street Proposed Work: At front façade, relocate recessed front door to the bottom of the front stairs.
- 754 Tremont Street #4 Proposed Work: Install a new roof deck.
- 61 Berkeley Street Proposed Work: At front façade, install decal signage on front windows and door.
- 2 Casenove Street Proposed Work: At front façade level two. Replace original 2 over 2 wood windows with new 2 over 2 wood windows.
DISTRICT GUIDELINES UPDATE
- Protection Area Height Increase: Vote to increase the height of protection area EDA South, Zone 3 from 200’ 6.5 F.A.R. to 350’. (Exchange South End, highway area).