D-4 Police Briefs 08-01-2019


On Monday, July 22, at about 2:03 a.m., police responded to a radio call for a robbery in progress at 36 St. Germain St.

On arrival, officers spoke to the victim who said two female suspects attempted to remove her fanny pack from her waist while she was walking home. After the victim heard a woman’s voice behind her asking for money, she turned around to see two teenaged girls. They then backed her into a car as they attempted to take her fanny pack. The victim said she then screamed, and the suspect took off running down St. Germain Street towards Massachusetts Avenue. The victim said she believes one of the suspects might have lost a shoe on St. Germain Street.

The victim declined medical attention at this time, and police searched the area for the suspects to no avail.

Making a Withdrawal

On Monday, July 22, at around 5:40 a.m., officers responded to a radio call for a robbery in progress at 7-Eleven at 121 Jersey St.

Upon arrival, police spoke to the store manager who said a male suspect acted aggressively towards him when the manager attempted to prevent the suspect from shoplifting. The suspect then threw the manager on the ground and punched him multiple times in the head and torso. Afterwards, the suspect removed the victim’s wallet, which contained around $530 in cash, from the victim’s rear right pocket, ripping the victim’s pants in the process.

A witness then observed the suspect fleeing on a Blue Bike down Jersey Street before taking a left on Queensbury Street, the victim told police.

Paramedics arrived on the scene and evaluated the victim, who declined further medical attention at this time.

Police canvassed the area for the suspect to no avail.

Ballpark Bomb Threat

On Wednesday, July 24, at approximately 4:40 p.m., police responded to 4 David Ortiz Way at Fenway Park for a reported bomb threat.

Upon arrival, the officers spoke to the ballpark’s security manager, who said they had received a hand-written note addressed to the “Boston Red Sox” that contained a bomb threat.

The security manager said a Fan Services employee had alerted him to the nota at around 11 a.m. that day. He said he was unsure when the letter arrived, but that it was postmarked July 19 from Denver, Colo.

The officer collected the letter and envelope as evidence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.