The Back Bay Ringers, Boston’s premier handbell ensemble, announces its 2018 holiday concert season, including five concerts of Christmas with the Back Bay Ringers throughout Massachusetts – one of them at the First Church Boston in the Back Bay.
This year’s concert will feature music from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors/students and may be purchased online at www.backbayringers.org and at the door.
2018 Back Bay Ringers Holiday Concert Season
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. – Melrose Highlands Congregational, 355 Franklin St, Melrose.
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 7:30 p.m.– First Parish Church, 330 First Parish Road, Scituate.
- Sunday, Dec. 9, 7 p.m. — First Congregational Church, 76 Pierce St., Stoughton.
- Friday, Dec. 14, 7:30 p.m. — First Church Boston, 66 Marlborough St., Back Bay.
- Sunday, Dec. 16, 3 p.m.– halin Liu Performance Center, 37 Main St, Rockport.
Over the last 15 years the Back Bay Ringers have been serenading Boston area audiences with their annual Christmas concert series, and it has become an annual holiday tradition for many music lovers. This year’s iteration features popular favorites including selections from Vince Guaraldi’s score to A Charlie Brown Christmas and a new transcription of Barbra Streisand’s Jingle Bells arranged exclusively for the Back Bay Ringers.
The Beacon Hill Times has noted, “Through artistically sensitive performances and innovative community and educational programs, the [Back Bay Ringers] continue to expose the unique musical art of handbell ringing to new audiences in Boston and beyond.”
Join Back Bay Ringers for a special holiday treat.
Executive Director, Donna Matson of the South End, a ringer herself, writes, “It’s been a fun trip down childhood memory lane as we prepare these pieces for you, along with familiar carols from the show, and a few special transcriptions of our own. I’m not sure what gives me more pleasure – leading this organization of amazing musicians and outstanding supporters, or ringing such interesting music.”
Southender Griff Gall, Artistic Director, commented, “I feel very fortunate to have had the privilege of conducting these musicians over the past 15 years. This year’s holiday concert is an excellent representation of the dedication to musicality that this group has become known for, and the joyful spirit I see every week in rehearsal. I think audiences will delight in hearing the masterfully transcribed Charlie Brown classics, and will find joy in the new transcriptions of Barbra Streisand’s Jingle Bells and Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
Meet the Back Bay Ringers
- Griff Gall, Artistic Director (Boston/South End)
•Donna Matson, Executive Director (Boston/South End)
- Lynne Batty (Wakefield)
- Peter Grossman (Somerville)
- Sarah Hayes-Skelton (Boston/Roslindale)
- Ashley Hedberg (Boston/Dorchester)
- Stephanie LaShoto (Medford)
- Sally Meredith (North Reading)
- Rachel Moore (Cambridge)
- Cade Murray (Cambridge)
- Matthew Polletto (Boston/South End)
- Anna Poplowski (Framingham)
- Emily Schlosnagle (Somerville)
- Susan Schultz (Boxford)
- Greg Urban (Malden)
- Adrianne Weir (Boston/South End)
- Kelsey Whiteside (Boston/Brighton)