From the Sept. 5 Conservation Commission meeting, City Hall:
- Notice of Intent from the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) for the proposed exhumation, analysis and removal of 66 burials from the Quarantine Cemetery located on Gallops Island, Boston.
From the Sept. 6 Non-Hearing Common Victualler meeting, City Hall, 10 a.m.:
- The Catered Affair, Inc. d/b/a The Catered Affair, 700 Boylston St., Back Bay, have applied for a one-day extension of the hours for a Wilson/Heath Wedding on October 7 between the hours of 7 p.m. – 2 a.m.
From the Sept. 11 Licensed Premise Violations hearing, City Hall, 10 a.m.:
- The 15 Lagrange Street Corporation, doing business as: The Glass Slipper, 22 Lagrange St., Bay Village. Date: 04/01/2018, Assault and battery patron on employee, and Assault and battery employee on patron.
- Oliver Twist Inc, doing business as: Cask and Flagon, 62 Brookline Ave., Fenway. Date: 06/17/2018, Patron over served requiring medical attention, Failure to supervise, and alleged staff on patron assault.
- Crt Food & Beverage, Inc., doing business as: Whiskey’s Steakhouse & Saloon
Location: 885 Boylston St., Back Bay. Date: 06/16/2018, Patron on patron assault.
- Paige Hospitality, Inc., doing business as: Cure Lounge, 246 Tremont St. Bay Village. Date: 06/24/2018, Premise permitting illegality on premise with licensed wholesaler providing free, full 12 oz. mixed ‘effen’ vodka cocktails to patrons.
From the Sept. 11 Boston Landmarks Commission, City Hall, 6 p.m.:
- Discussion and vote to accept the Citgo Sign study report, produced by a subcommittee, as a complete document ready for public comment.
- Demolition Delay Hearing: 533, 535-9, 541 Commonwealth Ave. and 650, 652-4, 656 Beacon Street, Kenmore Square. Applicant: Patrick Sweeney.
Review of proposed demolition of the existing structures at 533 Commonwealth Avenue; 535-539 Commonwealth Avenue; 541 Commonwealth Avenue; 650 Beacon Street; 652-654 Beacon Street, and 656 Beacon Street near Kenmore Square.
From the Sept. 12 Zoning Commission meeting, City Hall, 9 a.m.:
- Exchange South End Redevelopment
The Zoning Commission hereby gives notice that a public hearing will be held in connection with Map Amendment Application No. 711 and a petition for approval of the Development Plan for Planned Development Area No. 119, Exchange South End Redevelopment at 9 a.m. Said map amendment would amend Map 1P, South End Neighborhood District, by adding the letter “D,” indicating a Planned Development Area overlay district to approximately 5.65 acres of land located at the site of the former Boston Flower Exchange. Said PDA Plan will allow for the phased construction of four buildings with approximately 1.6 million square feet of mixed-use office, commercial and/or life science research space, including approximately 22,430 square feet of ground floor retail space and 30,000 square feet of civic space situated around a new 1-plus acre central open space – as well as approximately 1,145 below-grade parking spaces.
- Shawmut Avenue/Washington Street, South End
The Zoning Commission hereby gives notice that a public hearing will be held on September 12, at 9:45 a.m., in Room 900, Boston City Hall, in connection with Map Amendment Application No. 710 and a petition for approval of the Development Plan for Planned Development Area No. 114, Shawmut Avenue/Washington Street, South End.
Said map amendment would amend Map 1P, South End Neighborhood District, by adding the letter “D,” indicating a Planned Development Area overlay district to approximately 1.895 acres (approximately 82,557 square feet) of land. Said PDA Plan will include three (3) new buildings with a combined total maximum of 660,456 square feet of Gross Floor Area.
From the Sept. 12 Back Bay Architectural Commission, City Hall, 4:30 p.m.:
*309 Beacon Street: Unapproved fence at rear yard.
*362 Commonwealth Avenue: Unapproved window replacement.
*376 Marlborough Street: Unapproved window replacement.
*238 Marlborough Street: Update on unapproved headhouse.
DESIGN REVIEW – 5 p.m.
*235 Newbury Street: At Newbury Street façade expand first-story and lower-level window openings in existing masonry bay.
*115 Marlborough Street (CONTINUED FROM 8-8-2018 PUBLIC HEARING): Repoint masonry at chimneys and rear elevation; replace all one-over-one wood windows in-kind; at front façade replace non-historic entry door to lower level with new wood door and install new light fixture; at rear elevation install kitchen exhaust vent at wall above entry door, replace non-historic entry door to lower level with new wood door, restore lower level window openings, replace metal framing, decking and wood support posts at existing balcony, replace existing fence with wood fence, and replace asphalt paving at parking area with brick pavers; and at roof expand existing roof deck, remove three existing air conditioning units and install four new air conditioning units.
*82 Marlborough Street: At front garden remove dead Magnolia tree.
*438 Marlborough Street: At front garden remove dead tree and plant Rutgers Dogwood tree.
*237 Marlborough Street: At rear deck install planters and lighting; at roof deck install planters, privacy screen and lighting; and at roof install green roof.
*229 Beacon Street: Replace existing roof deck and black rubber membrane roof in-kind.
*86 Marlborough Street: At rear elevation replace existing air-conditioning condenser at third-story deck.
*186 Commonwealth Avenue: At side elevation of rear addition install heat pump unit at existing window opening.
*327 Commonwealth Avenue: Expand existing headhouse at roof and install new window opening at fourth story of rear elevation.
*29 Commonwealth Avenue: At roof install new headhouse, skylight, roof deck and mechanical equipment.
*217 Commonwealth Avenue: Restoration of exterior including window and door replacement, re-landscaping of front garden, masonry repair and restoration, replacement of roofing and mechanical equipment, removal of fire escapes, installation of rear loading door, and installation of louvers at two rear lower level windows; construction of sunken roof deck, removal of elevator headhouses, installation of new new elevator headouses, new stair headhouse, and enlargement of existing headhouse; installation of solar panels; infill western lightwell; and installation of French balconies with doors at existing lightwells, removal of HVAC equipment, and installation of new terrace at east light well.