Police Briefs 11-01-2018


Thick as a brick

On Tuesday, Oct. 23, at around 1:10 a.m., police made an onsite arrest at Banyan Bar, located at 553 Tremont St., for an attempted commercial breaking and entering.

Plainclothes officers, who were on directed patrol in the area due to a string of recent break-ins, set up surveillance in an unmarked vehicle at approximately 12:54 a.m., and approximately two minutes later, observed an unknown male suspect turn the corner from Tremont Street onto Clarendon Street before stopping directly in front of one of the bar’s side windows. The suspect was then seen removing a brick from his jacket pocket, which he then proceeded to through the window.

When police approached the suspect, he attempted to walk away in the opposite direction on Clarendon Street. Police immediately intercepted the suspect, read him his Miranda rights and placed him in handcuffs.

Officer asked the suspect why he threw the brick through the window, to which he responded that he was an alcoholic, and was attempting to reach liquor bottles that were visible from outside. The suspect also told police that he had stolen liquor from the establishment “four of five times” using the same manner, the last time being about two weeks earlier.

The suspect was then transported to District 4 headquarters, where he was booked on charges of attempted breaking and entering to a non-residence during the nighttime and destruction of injury of personal property.

Police also learned that the suspect had a straight warrant out of Boston Municipal Court, and the Warrant Unit was duly notified.

Game over

On Tuesday, Oct. 23, at about 11:49 p.m., police working the Fenway Park detail made an on-site arrest at Boylston and Jersey streets.

Officers responded to Game On, a bar located at 82 Lansdowne St. for a report of a suspect attempting to gain entry to the establishment. Police recognized the suspect as an individual who had been removed from the bar several times already that night, but repeatedly returned and demanded entry to the establishment.

After the suspect was repeatedly denied admittance to the bar, he caused a disturbance in front of the establishment by yelling and screaming, as well as threatening staff members.

Police advised the suspect to leave the premises and told him he was no longer welcome at the establishment, at which time the suspect pointed his finger in an officer’s face and cursed at him.

Officers again advised the suspect that he would be placed under arrest if he continued to act this way, but he refused to leave and continued to curse at them.

Police placed the suspect under arrest and transported him to District 4 headquarters, where he made threats towards officers during the booking process.

The suspect was charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, trespassing and threats to commit a crime.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.